Dr Ashok Rajgopal
About Dr Ashok Rajgopal
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon Chairman , MBBS, MS, MCh, FRCS, 33 years of experience
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is one of the most experienced & respected Orthopaedic surgeon in India.
- With a coveted experience of over 32 years, he has a ground-breaking record of completing 25,000 Total Knee Replacement surgeries.
- Dr Rajgopal was the honorary surgeon to the President of India.
- Being an expert in sports medicine he had treated a number of famous sports persons like Pullela Gopichand (badminton player suffered a career threatening knee injury while playing doubles at the 1994 National Games at Pune)
- He is also the first orthopaedic surgeon in India to perform Bilateral Total Knee Replacement surgery &MIS Unicompartmental surgery.
- He hold a unique distinction of performing 28 Knee Replacement surgeries in under 12 hours.
- Dr Rajgopal has been honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri award which is the fourth highest civilian award.He has his articles in renowned print media like Times of India ,The Hindu, The New Indian Express.
Bone and Joint Replacement, Knee Surgery, Arthroscopic Surgeries.