Dr Deep Goel
About Dr Deep Goel
Sr. Consultant & Director Bariatric and Advance Laparoscopy Surgery BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. Deep Goel is gold medalist and alumnus of the prestigious Kasturba Gandhi Medical College Mangalore which is an internationally acclaimed centre of excellence for Medical Education. He and his team have collective experience of more than 40,000 abdominal surgeries. His area of interest is Gastrointestinal Onco and Bariatric Surgery.
Head: Department of Minimal Access, Bariatric and GI Onco Surgery at Artemis Health Institute, Sector 51, Gurgaon from 2007 to 2011.
Consultant:Department of Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 2000 to 2007. He joined surgery training residency programme at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 1992 here he was exposed to the fascinating world of Minimal Access Surgery (MAS).
After qualifying Diplomat of the National Board (DNB) in 1996, he was further trained in Minimal Access Surgery in some of the best centres in the world like Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, USA and Bagatelle Hospital, Bourdex, France.
- He has been awarded fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS).
- He received fellowship of American College of Surgeons (FACS) for his outstanding contribution in the field of GI Surgery.
- Best Original Research Award by National Board of Examinations, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- He has been conferred “Best Doctor Award” by Indian Medical Association and Heart Care Foundation of India.
- He has an impressive array of academic achievements. He has been on executive committee and member of the following societies:
- Obesity Surgery Society of Indian (OSSI)
- Endo Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA)
- Eurasian Colorectal Technologies Association (ECTA)
- The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT)
- International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologist and Oncologists (IASGO)
- Indian Association of Gastroendo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Indian Association of Colorectal Surgeons (IACSR)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- He is in the editorial board of Indian Journal of Coloproctology (IJCP), Online Journal Grand Rounds www.grandrounds-e- med.com and Peer Reviewer in South Asian Health Forum, www.sahf.net.
- His articles are published extensively in national and international journals.
- He is invited all over the globe for guest lectures and to demonstrate Live Laparoscopic GI Cancer and Obesity Surgeries.