Dr. Anant Kumar
About Dr. Anant Kumar
- MBBS, MS,MCh(Urology),DNB(Urology)
- Chairman -Urology, Renal Transplant, Robotics (Max Saket Complex) and Uro-Oncology Max Saket
- Dr. Anant Kumar has 35 years of experience in Urology & Kidney Transplant.
- He is regarded as one of the best robotic & laparoscopic surgeon in India.
- He was Director of the Department of Urology, Renal Transplantation & Robotics at Fortis & Apollo Hospital in Delhi & NCR. Prior to this, he was the Professor & Head, Urology & Kidney Transplantation at SGPGIMS, Lucknow. He was also Consultant Urologist in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, UK in his previous roles.
- A leading urologist in Delhi & NCR, he has truly earned the title of the best robotic surgeon in Delhi by performing over 500 robotic surgeries in last 5 years. In addition he has performed over 3,500 kidney transplants in last 30 years & has been retrieving all kidneys laparoscopically in last 20 years and has done over 2,200 lap donor nephrectomy.
- Dr Anant Kumar has extensive experience in Reno vascular hypertension and has done several hundred endourological procedures like PCNL, URS, flexible ureteroscopy, endopyelotomy, TURP, TUBT, optical urethrotomy etc.
- Dr. Anant Kumar has been removing prostate gland through laser for last 10 years and has used Thulium, green light and Holmium laser. Presently he has been doing HOLEP by Lumenis machine.
- He has done all kinds of reconstructive urology of kidney, bladder & urethra and has been doing urethral stricture surgery for last 30 years and has performed over 700 such cases.
- Dr Anant has extensive interest in laparoscopic urology & has performed almost all laparoscopic urological procedures including Radical Prostatectomy, Cystectomy & Partial Nephrectomy. He has performed Robotic assisted urological surgeries for prostate, kidney and bladder cancer and other urological reconstructions like pyeloplasty, ureteric re-implantation bladder augmentation etc.
- Delivered many prestigious presentations and guest lectures at various meetings and institutes.
- Over 180 papers published in national & international journals and has written several book chapters and invited reviews.
- Won many awards and distinctions during his medical education years and training.
- Memberships-American Urological Association; British Association of Urological Surgeons;Societe Internationale D'Urologie; International Transplant Society; International Society of Nephrology; European Association of Urology; Asian Society of Transplantation, Association of Surgeons of India; Urological Society of India; Indian Society of Organ Transplantation; Urological Society of India (Northern Chapter); Indian Society of Peritoneal Dialysis; Indian Science Congress Society.
Kidney Transplantation and Renovascular Hypertension, Robotic and Laparoscopic Urology, Stricture Urethra, Uro Oncology, Laser Prostrate Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Urology, Urological Oncology, Laser Urological Surgery and Reconstructive Urology.