Dr Ashok Rajgopal
About Dr Ashok Rajgopal
- MBBS, MS, M Ch (Orth),FRCS(Edinburgh)
- Knee & Hip Joint/Sport Injuries (Chairman), Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Padma Shri recipient, Dr. Ashok Rajgopal has contributed a lot towards the advancement of knee surgeries.
- holds the unique distinction of performing 28 Total Knee Replacement surgeries in under 12 hours alongwith completing 25,000 Total Knee Replacement surgeries in his thirty years of practice back in February 2016.
- impeccable expertise in the most advanced cement less implants like Trabecular Metal implants.
- the first orthopaedic surgeon in India who has carried virtual total knee replacement employing patient specific instruments.
- coveted member of a renowned panel of international knee surgeons engaged into the development of advanced knee implants, the newest being "PERSONA" knee system that was launched in September 2013 in India.
- extensive research experience
- Awards and Honours : Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy Award, Honorary FRCS by the Royal College of Surgeons
- Life Member- Indian Orthopaedic Association; Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Society President, Indian Arthroscopy Association
- Fellow- International Medical Science Academy Fellowship
- Active Member I S A K O S
- Past President, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Founder Secretary, General Medical Council (UK) -Permanent Registration
- Founder Member, Vice-president and President Elect – Indian Hip and Knee Society
Bone and Joint Replacement, Knee Surgery, Arthroscopic Surgeries.