Dr Deepak Govil
About Dr Deepak Govil
- MBBS, MS (Surgery), PhD (GI Surgery)
- Department of General and Advance Laparoscopic Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- During the course of PhD (GI Surgery) at the Department of Liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery, AIIMS: Managed both In and Out patients in capacity of a Senior Resident in the Department for 3 years.
- As Assistant Professor Surgery at GTB Hospital, New Delhi: Independently managed patients with Gastrointestinal surgery problems, performed major GI Surgical operations.
- Dr Govil established the Department of GI Surgery at PSRI Hospital, New Delhi and performed approx. 1,000 operations related to Liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic.
- At the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi which is an active GI surgical unit dealing with complicated GI Surgical cases. Some of the major GI procedures performed include : Surgery for portal hypertension; Splenectomy and Lieno-renal shunts; Ileo-anal anstomosis with pouch for Ulcerative colitis; Oesophageal resection with Gastric pull up; Whipple’s Pancreato-duodenectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy for biliary strictures and benign and malignant obstructive jaundice; Surgery for Surgical obstructive jaundice; Surgery for pancreatic diseases- Acute & Chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic malignancies ; Surgery for Upper and Lower GI haemorrhage; GI malignancies – Oesophageal, Gastric, colonic, rectal cancers, laparoscopic surgeries. Dr Govil actively participated in the living related liver transplants being done at Apollo since 15/9/06 and participated in transplants along with the present team.
- Dr Govil has following memberships to his credit: Association of Surgeons of India; Delhi Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India; Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology; Indian Association of Endoscopic Gastro Surgeons of India; South Delhi branch of the Indian Medical Association.
- He was elected the Executive Council Member of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology in the National Conference held at Kochi, 2004 for 2 years.
- Dr Govil served as the Convenor of the “Delhi GI Surgeons Club” organizing clinical meetings regularly in different departments of surgical Gastroenterology in Delhi.(1999 – 2008).
- Awards and Achievements include President’s appreciation award at IMA South Delhi Annual Convention,Jan’09.
- Organized lots of activities in the forum as Secretary of the Consultant forum of Apollo hospital (1999-2008).
- Dr Govil has widely published in various national journals and as an author to various books on GI Surgery.
GI Surgery, General & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery