Dr Sanjay Singh Negi
About Dr Sanjay Singh Negi
- MS, MCh,FEBS,FACS
- Sr. Consultant & Director, Liver Transplantation , BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- Dr.(Prof.) Sanjay Singh Negi has the distinction of being the pioneer of establishing successful liver transplant programme in the public sector and initiating the only MCI accredited MCh course in HPB Surgery.
- He has been conferred with Fellowship of American College of Surgeons.
- He has regularly published his work well acknowledged in international journals with high Impact Factor and his active participation in various meetings and nomination as member of the editorial board and reviewer of reputed journals.
- Dr.(Prof.) Sanjay Singh Negi is the first Indian to be conferred an Honorary Diploma in Transplantation Surgery by the European Board of Surgery in collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation.
- He is an alumnus from GB Pant Hospital, having completed his MCh in Surgical Gastroenterology in 2000. He further underwent advanced training in Hepato-Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at Centres of Excellence in the field like Asan Medical Centre (Korea) and Florence Nightingale Hospital (Turkey). Later working in GB Pant Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences as a faculty. He has over a decade of experience in managing Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Pancreato Biliary diseases.
- Speciality Interests are HPB Surgery, GI Oncology and Liver Transplant.
- Delivered Dr Ramesh Nigam Memorial Oration 2012 at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Kolkata (India), December 2012.
- Was awarded Healthcare Leadership Award 2012 in recognition of his outstanding contribution in promoting inclusive healthcare by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group at New Delhi, November 2012.
- Was awarded Honorary European Diploma in Transplantation Surgery (FEBS) by Division of Transplantation of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the European Board of Surgery (EBS) which work in close collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT) at Romania, September 2012. (First Indian to get such an honorary award).
- Was awarded Smt. Rajalaxmi Ramachandran Memorial Trophy and Medal for Junior Resident in Surgery for exemplary devotion to duty for the year 1995-96 at Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi (India).
- Was awarded Dr. Dhume Memorial Gold Medal for second best graduate of the year 1993 at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Was awarded prizes for best performance in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, ENT and Ophthalmology at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Was granted scholarships by Dalmia Trust and Brihad Bhartiya Samaj from December 1988 to December 1992 for pursuing MBBS degree course at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Member Editorial Board-Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research; Webmed Central.
- Reviewer- British Journal of Surgery; Hepatology International; Digestive and Liver Disease; Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
Member-American College of Surgeons; International Liver Transplantation Society; Australasian Pancreatic Club; International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists; International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (Indian Chapter);Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology; Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Association of Surgeons of India; Indian Association of Surgical Oncology; Indian Medical
Laparoscopic, Hepato-Pancreato Biliary and Liver Transplant Surgeries